27 March 2008
Guilty Pleasure Movies
Is it just me or does everyone have one or two movies that you don't really admit to having seen and more importantly enjoyed? Normally when the topic of film arises, I am all over it. After all I have degrees in the humanities, I've taken classes on French film, Italian film, and Francophone film. I'm a big fan of documentary film and Chinese film. My favorite thing about BYU was the international cinema. Some might call me a film snob, and they might be right. But for all my deep thinking am I still able to enjoy the cheap thrill of a big Hollywood cookie cutter movie? Although I might not admit it in some crowds, the answer is ... yes! So, while I really do enjoy obscure, art house film, and I love them even more with subtitles, I have a guilty pleasure movie. I love Legally Blonde. There I said it. I just think that Reese Witherspoon is adorable and that I should wear more pink every time I see it. (Just a side note, not a fan of LB 2). If I'm changing channels late at night and it's on, I'm likely to stop and watch the rest of it. Well, now you know. So just in time for the weekend, what film shall I see?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I really identify with that movie. Before it came out I was matching my resume to my suit. Don't be ashamed!
(And my guilty pleasure movie list is long and I own half of them!)
I also like Legally Blonde and will stop and watch it whenever I spot it. Also, Sweet Home, Alabama; evidently I really like Reese Witherspoon. Also, While You Were Sleeping; Sandra Bullock is also one of my favorites. I haven't seen LB2, is it really that bad?
Ok...who doesn't love Legally Blonde? You have to!! Any cheesy, romantic movie...I love it!
Post a Comment