22 March 2008

What a week!!

Well, on Monday our good old 16 year old van was towed to a local mechanic so that he could tell us the next day that the head gasket was blown and the engine was pretty much beyond repair. So, on Wednesday we sold the old van to a salvage yard. Dave insists that with the price of gasoline it would be better to bike up to the bus stop and take the bus to work. His employer will reimburse most of the bus pass expense so I think it will all work out. So we're back to being a one car family.

It was a fine day today though. A sunny 75 degree afternoon was perfect for Easter egg hunting in the back yard with the boys. I feel unprepared for Easter, really, there was a lot of stress this week, the holiday came early this year and I don't think I've done an adequate job of preparing my boys to think about things in their proper context. Hopefully we talk about the importance of Jesus and his ministry all the time that Easter is just a time when people talk about it more. Well, Happy Easter.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I agree with you Cyndi, I always feel these holidays come around and I have not prepared my children enough. But in reality, I know our children know more than we think they do. Went to a baptism tonight and Nicolette was crying and she told me they were happy tears. I told her that was the Spirit. Miss ya!

Christine said...

Cyndi, ugh, car problems stink. But Dave is probably right about the price of gas and all. Now that things are getting warm, I'm thinking of taking the bus to the Metrolink, save a couple of bucks. Glad you guys had a fun Easter egg hunt...our Easter was a mix of rain and snow!

Unknown said...

My Easter instruction to my kid consisted of me whispering during the sacrament "We have to be quiet now so people can think about Jesus!" but we do that every week.
We've been a 1 car family for over a year now and it generally really works for us.