28 April 2008
Hey maybe we'll have grass after all.
Even though our area is still technically in a drought, there has been enough rain for the past two months to make us think that maybe we could plant grass seed. Last year we let the whole thing go. Whatever was green in our yard was likely a weed. We decided to be optimistic this year and planted some Kentucky blue grass on a previously barren hillside. Not that the hillside was barren more like bare with the exception of the many oak seedlings that appear every spring. We already have like 10 oak trees in our yard so we regularly destroy the new sprouts. Well It's been raining and coolish since we planted the grass see over two weeks ago and I was beginning to think that our hillside wanted to stay brown. Then this morning as I was waiting at the bus stop with N. I noticed a green hue beginning to develop. Could it be, yes grass is beginning to grow!!!! It slopes down on the north side of the yard and is shady but I'm hoping that the neighbors will at least realize that we are trying to have a nice looking yard. If it doesn't work out maybe we'll try a low growing ground cover like some kind of ivy or something. On a more positive note, N's little cabbage is doing well and by the summer maybe we'll be able to make a little coleslaw to go with some barbeque. Mmmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Invite us over when you have that slaw & bbq. Please. :)
Mmmmm... barbeque and cole slaw. I can't wait!!
Post a Comment