18 April 2008
Sick Days
So, do you get a prize for the most trips to the doctor's office in a week? If you do I might win this week. On Monday, N. was sick and we went to see the pediatrician, he had a big sinus infection and a small infection on his finger. We took the prescription for antibiotics to the pharmacy and went home. While we were at the doctor's office, I. had been complaining about a sore throat and feeling sick. Mother of the Year candidate that I am, I blew it off as some kind of attention seeking tactic. After we got home from the pharmacy, he laid down on my bed for two hours not sleeping, just resting. When he finally got up he was crying (with tears and everything) and running a fever of 101.6. It figures right, so on Tuesday I took I. in to the doctors and congratulations you have strep throat. So we went to the pharmacy to pick up the prescription for antibiotics and went home. Well by Wednesday the infections on N.'s finger had cleared up but the horrible rumbling cough was still there. By Thursday I. is better but N.'s cough seems worse plus some rash had developed which was not an allergic reaction but Fifth disease. So, today, Friday, N. went back to the doctor where she determined that the infection seems to be worse in his lungs and congratulations, you win pneumonia for the weekend surprise. So one more trip to the pharmacy for yet another antibiotic and then we came home. I'm so happy that the doctor's office is closed on the weekend because I really don't think I could handle one more trip to the waiting room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You can't win for losing. I think that even tops my worst week or two. We just got over hand foot and mouth here. I'm thinking of you. Hope all's well this week.
Post a Comment