And here's why.
1. The crunch of fallen leaves is one of my favorite sounds. Raking them is not my favorite way to spend a Saturday morning but the kids like to jump in the piles and the weather here is so nice that you can just wear a t-shirt with no jacket.
2. Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday (Christmas is number one, of course). I like it because it's a nice time to focus on how blessed I am instead of thinking about my wish list for life. When you get together with family the stress of gifts is remarkably absent. Also, I love pumpkin pie. I do realize that I could make it any time I wanted, I think it tastes different on Thanksgiving Day.
3. I love November football in the Big Ten!! The anticipation of knowing who will be headed to the Rose Bowl and who will win the OSU v. Michigan game makes being a big fan, big fun. By the way, Ohio State will play in the Rose Bowl and I don't want to jinx the game by predicting the winner but I hope it's the Buckeyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment