OK sports fans, it's finally the beginning of the college football season. Tomorrow The Ohio State University Buckeyes take on the Navy Midshipmen. I think it'll be a good game. Here are a couple of fun facts to help you enjoy the game a little more.
1. John Glenn, former Mercury astronaut and senator from Ohio and Navy veteran, will dot the I tomorrow. It's a huge honor.
2. The Ohio State marching band, also known as the-best-damn-band-in-the-land, always plays the Navy Hymn during the skull session before the game. The tradition goes back to the earliest years of Ohio State when the band was actually a part of the Navy ROTC program. What makes the band sound so amazing is that it's all brass. No offense to you woodwind fans, but all brass just sounds better. Also, the band doubles as a chorus.
So starting at 12 noon tomorrow I'll be cheering the Buckeyes. I am also grateful for the sacrifice of those who serve in the armed forces. I hope the Navy team feels welcome in Columbus and knows how much they are respected for what they do every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment