25 August 2008

First Day of School



There's nothing like sending your kids off to school and then going in the house to the sweet sweet sound of nothing. N. and I. were both excited to head out the door and go to school today and I was happy to send them. I think they will both have a great year. There's nothing quite like the feeling of the first day of school, new teacher, new classmates, new things to learn. All the crayons are still pointy and new smelling, the pencils are sharpened for the first time and the notebooks are blank. I hope everyone is having a great back to school experience this year.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh so cute!!! We had a nice 1st day back as well. I wish our boys were growing up together. We miss you guys!!!

Lilola said...

There go my grandsons - out into the world.... sigh

Enjoy the peace and quiet; they always come back! LOL

Debbie said...

Hey check out my blog and vote for my friend Vanessa. She has entered a cupcake contest and needs every one to vote. Tell your friends. We have til Thursday to vote. The site is

mkecupcakequeen.blogspot.com

vote: Vanessa Contessa

Natasha and Jesse said...

Hi Cyndi, I found your blog through facebook! It is so fun. Your boys are sure grown up. Is the title of your blog from the poem by Calef Brown?