16 September 2008

Choir Accompanist

I've been sort of "filling in" as choir accompanist for about a year. You know just until they called someone real for the job. I did this being fully aware that I'm not even in the top ten best pianists in the congregation. As long as everyone was ok with it, I was ok with it. Anway, now I'm the officially called choir accompanist. Just in time to start learning Christmas music!!! It's been a really good thing. I went for years without really practicing the piano with any regularity, but I've been averaging 2 hours a day for the past year and I think I'm getting better than I ever was. So, that's a good thing. I'm even venturing into music that I never thought I could play that has nothing to do with the choir. So here's my new fun thing I want to learn...Eclogue by Gerald Finzi. Obviously I'm only interested in learning the piano bit, It's about 10 minutes long but it's worth listening. I'll let you know when I make my concert debut.

3 comments:

Taliatha said...

Hey, I just discovered this blog--how wonderful! I'm glad to be able to keep up with you this way.
Congrats on your exciting and unexpected calling. I really really miss Cary 2nd choir, as our ward here has NO CHOIR. Hey, but if I ever want to listen to you play the piano I can just listen to the half hour or so of accompaniment I recorded at your house. (Hee, hee)
That Finzi piece is really beautiful. I know you can do it!
P.S. I actually saw a sign for Cynthiana on my drive out here and thought of you.

Teri said...

Hey! I'm so sorry to have put you in that position. But, on the other hand, I've been called into the nursery here. *sigh* I'd take choir pianist over nursery any day! :) We miss Cary 2nd! Good luck with playing!

Ashley said...

you're doing a great job!!

new blog address by the way!~