09 February 2010

I Love a Great Movie (about love)

I happen to love movies, all kinds. When it comes to movies about love they usually fall into two groups, happy and sad. I like both kinds. My mother, however, only likes the kind where everyone gets what they want and it's happy. One of her favorites is An Affair to Remember. I like Cary Grant and all but it's not really one of my favorites. I love Out of Africa which requires a box of tissues nearby.

So what are the best Valentine's Movies? Are they the best love stories? I don't know but I'll tell you a few of my favorite love stories that come in film version.

1. Sense and Sensibility
2. French Kiss
3. Shadowlands
4. Remains of the Day
5. Much Ado About Nothing
6. Sleepless in Seattle

3 comments:

Christine said...

Mmm, I really like Love Actually. It's rated R and has a few scenes you could just cut out, but Scott and I watch it a couple of times a year. Every time the movie starts and they are in Heathrow Airport talking about the twin towers and everyone calling the people they love on 9/11 and not people they hate, I tear up!

Cynthiana said...

I LOVE that movie as well. I can't believe I left it off the list.

Lilola said...

Hmm narrowing the list - difficult.

In the fairly recent category:
While You Were Sleeping
You've Got Mail
Sweet Home Alabama
Kate and Leopold
The Lake House

In the classic category:
An Affair to Remember
Charade
Houseboat
The Philadelphia Story/High Society

In the musical category:
The Sound of Music
West Side Story*
The Music Man
Guys and Dolls
Damn Yankees

Well, that's my short list(s). LOL
Oh, and by the way * a sad one! Oh, another sad one... Madame Butterfly.