11 February 2010

A Dozen Red Roses

What girl wouldn't want a dozen long stemmed roses?

Well, me. Roses are nice but very formal. I'm not really a formal girl. My grandfather always gave my grandmother red carnations on their anniversary.

I have always loved daisies. Sometimes tulips are nice as well. So if you want to buy me flowers, daisies are the top choice.

Cut flowers are lovely but I love flowers best when they are growing outside. I especially love fields of poppies or flowering trees.

Lilacs have always been a favorite of mine but when I'm dead I'd like to be buried under a beautiful flowering pink dogwood.

What flowers are your favorite?

2 comments:

Christine said...

Carnations, roses, and tulips for me. I mostly favor these, as they tend to be low in the pollen category and scent category, therefore they can be pretty and don't drive my sinuses wild!

Lilola said...

Black eyed susans, peonies, forsythia!