Here's an update since Thanksgiving. We enjoyed a relaxing Christmas break where we did no traveling and had no house guests. Everyday felt like Saturday, except for Sundays which felt like Sundays. The holidays are always a really busy week for our family we manage to squeeze Christmas, Dave's Birthday, our wedding anniversary and New Year's Day into the space of one week. We had no big plans for our anniversary this year and even though it was a "milestone" 15th this year we didn't go to Paris. Instead we stayed here and went out for Chinese food and saw Sherlock Holmes while the kids stayed home with a sitter, it was a lovely night. We also had no real plans for New Year's Eve but we promised the kids that they could stay up until midnight. We made a last minute decision to celebrate the occasion at the beach. It was a great albeit quick trip. We drove down on dry roads and arrived to clear blue skies and temperatures in the mid to upper 50's. We went to the aquarium, collected seashells, spent a few hours in the pool (I also opted for the hot tub for a while), we walked on the boardwalk with fellow revelers and then went up to our hotel room and watched the fireworks on the beach from the balcony. I think we've maybe discovered our new New Year's tradition. New Year's Day was great we took down the Christmas decorations and watched the Rose Bowl. It was especially great to see Ohio State win the big game that day.
The new year has been pretty exciting so far. My baby boy turns 7 this week. I took a big giant French exam so that I can teach K-12 French. I hadn't experienced test anxiety in over 11 years. It's not that much fun and I'm glad it's over. I'll start teaching my ESL class this week as well and am looking forward to seeing my students again. I also have a stack of about 40 pieces of music to learn for the choir this year. I've never had a choir director hand me all the music ahead of time for the entire year before. It's a little overwhelming but it's nice to have the Christmas music around. I was just thinking before she handed me the stack that I would miss playing Christmas music. Ha!
Well so there's the latest news from my small but beautiful corner of the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment