25 June 2009

Top 40

In honor of my new age, I'm making my own top 40 list. (in the order I think of them, not in the order I like them)

1. Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol
2. I'm Yours, Jason Mraz
3. Fix You, Coldplay
4. Hide and Seek, Imogen Head
5. Ohio, Over the Rhine
6. October, U2
7. Fragile, Sting
8. Roxanne, The Police
9. Should I Stay or Should I Go, The Clash
10. Too Shy, Kajagoogoo
11. Fields of Gold, Sting
12. Free Bird, Lynrd Skynrd
13. Come What May, from Moulin Rouge
14. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, The Beatles
15. Piano Man, Billy Joel
16. I Want You to Want Me, Cheap Trick
17. Stand and Deliver, Adam Ant
18. Complainte de la Butte, Rufus Wainwright
19. Johnny B, The Hooters
20. Come On Eileen, Dexy's Midnight Runners
21. Safety Dance, Men Without Hats
22. She Blinded Me with Science, Thomas Dolby
23. Somebody to Love, Queen
24. Tom Sawyer, Rush
25. Jesse James Bolero, Prefab Sprout
26. Nothing is Alone, Toad the Wet Sprocket
27. Something in the Way She Moves, James Taylor
28. Space Age Love Song, Flock of Seagulls
29. Where the Streets Have No Name, U2
30. Only You, Yaz(also called Yazoo)
31. Purple Rain, Prince
32. Diamonds On the Soles of Her Shoes, Paul Simon
33. Good Riddance, Green Day
34. It's the End of the World As We Know It, R.E.M.
35. Equal Rights, Peter Tosh
36. Breakdown, Jack Johnson
37. Sunday, Bloody Sunday, U2
38. Requiem For a Dying Song, Flogging Molly
39. Run to the Hills, Iron Maiden
40. Message in a Bottle, The Police

2 comments:

Lilola said...

I don't know whether to feel relieved or chagrinned that I don't recognize more than 7 of the songs and 5 of the artists. You must be VERY young. :)

Mim said...

Happy Birthday!