27 February 2008
Mysterious Fishtank?
I thought I'd explain about the "mysterious fishtank". I'm a big fan of Calef Brown. He's a poet and an artist. I read his poetry to my kids all the time. One of his poems is called "Mysterious Fish" and it's one of my favorites. A blog is kind of like a fish tank. People can stop by and watch you swim around a while and then they move on. The fish in the tank just swims and eats and has no real control over who is walking by. Especially if you're in a doctor's office fish tank. Everyone just stops for a minute or two and then they are on with their own set of worries and joys. So I suppose we're all just mysterious fish in a mysterious fish tank. Anyway if you get a chance you should check out Calef Brown's work. My boys are especially fond of his first book of poetry called Polka Bats and Octopus Slacks. I think you'll like it as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your blog! I definitely need to check out his work...sounds interesting! see you soon~
Hello,
Great Blog. Whose cute feet are those :). Miss ya lots!
Post a Comment